The proposed calendar for the 2018-19 school year could see students not back in class until after Labour Day.
The public has until this Tuesday (Feb. 6) to provide feedback on the draft 2018-19 calendar, which can be seen online at www.rrdsb.com/school-calendar or www.tncdsb.on.ca.
The calendar shows the first day of school this fall as being Sept. 5.
This means the last day of classes would be June 29, 2019.
A consultation for the school calendar, which affects all five boards in the Rainy River and Kenora districts, was conducted last fall.
The results of that consultation showed 59 percent of respondents were in favour of students starting after Labour Day, with the other 41 percent wanting students to start before then.
This bucks the trend of area students starting school before Labour Day in recent years.
For example, they began school on Aug. 29 and will end school on June 22 this year.
Those wanting to provide feedback can contact Nancy Taggart at email@example.com by noon on Feb. 6.