On Monday August 30, the Fort Frances Muskies return to the football field for this first time since November 2019 when they won the Winnipeg High School Division 3 championship.
While the Muskies hope to return to the Winnipeg High School League in 2022, due to the pandemic, the team will play a four-game schedule against Dryden and Kenora. The team finishing in first place earns a bye to the championship game on November 5.
- Friday September 17 4:00 PM Dryden Eagles at Fort Frances Muskies
- Friday September 24 4:00 PM Fort Frances Muskies at Beaver Brae Broncos
- Friday October 1 4:00 PM Beaver Brae Broncos at Dryden Eagles
- Friday October 8 4:00 PM Fort Frances Muskies at Dryden Eagles
- Friday October 15 4:00 PM Beaver Brae Broncos at Fort Frances Muskies
- Friday October 22 4:00 PM Dryden Eagles at Beaver Brae Broncos
- Friday October 29 4:00 PM Semi Final 3rd place at 2nd place team
- Friday November 5 Championship Final at First Place team
The coaching team is feeling excited by a pool of up and coming talent. After having 50 different players attend the three weeks of non-contact skills camps this summer, Muskie Head Coach Lou Gauthier expects at least 17 players to return from the 2019 championship team. The Muskie coaches were impressed by the talent and hard work of 20 students entering grades 10 and 9 who attended the skills camps. The coaches expect several of these new players to earn playing time this season.
Lou Gauthier, Offensive Coordinator Vic Davis, Offensive Line Coach Matt Armstrong and Defensive Back Coach Matt DePiero return from the 2019 season. Joining the coaching staff this year are former Muskie coaches Shane Beckett and Scott Fawcett.