Tickets for the Fort Frances Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony banquet tickets are on sale now at Taggs Source for Sports. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased by cash or cheque.
Organizers say that inductees and their families have already had the first crack at tickets and the evening is almost half sold out already. The first event was held in 2015 and sold out early, so they are expecting the same this year.
There are three athletes, four builders, and two teams being inducted. The ceremonies will take place on Saturday, Aug. 13 at La Place Rendezvous. The event begins at 5:00 p.m. with a cocktail hour.
The athletes being inducted include:
- Danny Johnson who played in both the NHL and WHA.
- Kelly Lyons was a Top 10 ranked swimmer in her age group in Canada.
- Danny Smith had a distinguished 21 year career in Special Olympics.
The four inductees in the Builder Category are:
- Dave Egan: coached minor hockey for 37 years.
- 1991 – 1993 Fort Frances Curling Club Committee: built the new club on 8th St.
- Herman Guimond: synonymous with hockey in Fort Frances and Couchiching First Nation.
- Terry Ogden: coached FFHS Muskie hockey to gold medals in 1986 and 1989.
The two teams entering the Hall of Fame are:
- 1989 Plaza Lanes Bantam Girls Bowling Team – Canadian Gold Medalists
- 1986 FFHS Muskie Hockey team – Provincial Gold Medalists
The Fort Frances Times will be sharing more about past and future inductees in the weeks to come.