The Town of Fort Frances Emergency Control Group is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and are following the guidance from Public Health and senior levels of Government.
The Control Group continues to stress the importance of the following measures to keep yourself and the public safe:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often.
- Follow cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Practice physical distancing as much as possible (2-3 meters apart), even when outdoors.
- Avoid all unnecessary group interactions and maintain physical distancing when interacting.
- Group gatherings of no more than 5 people is permitted.
- At this time, the Northwestern Health Unit (NWHU) is strongly recommending that residents do not travel outside of the community that they live in, unless for essential purposes. Individuals who travel outside of their community should self-monitor for 14 days, and self-isolate if symptoms develop. Anyone with symptoms can and should get tested for COVID-19.
- Avoid travelling except to go to work, purchase groceries, medicine, essential supplies or to exercise while maintain physical distancing.
- If you go out, wash your hands before you go, and when you return. If possible, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when entering and leaving a store.
- The International border remains closed until June 21. For further information regarding the closure or exceptions please visit the CBSA website at https://www.cbsaasfc. gc.ca/menu-eng.html.
We also want to remind the public that the following Municipal locations have opened for public use:
- Tennis Courts
- Marina Boat Launch
- McIrvine Boat Launch
- Picnic Areas are open in parks (reminder to follow social distancing rules, unless group lives in the same household).
- Green spaces in parks and trails are open for walkthrough access, but individuals must always maintain a physical distance of at least two metres apart from others.
Please be advised that individuals are expected to physically distance (gatherings of five people or less) and follow hygiene rules while enjoying these facilities.
All other recreational amenities (skatepark, exercise equipment, playgrounds, etc.) and Municipal buildings remain closed at this time.
Anyone who requires further information to visit our website www.fortfrances.ca, follow The Town of Fort Frances on Facebook or Twitter or visit the Northwestern Health Unit website at www.nwhu.on.ca.