The Town of Fort Frances Municipal Emergency Control Group is continuing to monitor and take the necessary actions to ensure the protection of critical infrastructure, assets and properties directly affected by the high waters.
As a result, the following closures (pedestrian and vehicular) have been implemented:
- Front Street between Minnie Avenue and Williams Avenue
- Front Street between Armit Avenue and Mosher Avenue
- Front Street walking path
- Front Street bike path
- Front Street Playground
- Front Street Fitness Equipment
- Sorting Gap Marina Gas Docks
- Sorting Gap Marina Boat Launch
- Lookout Tower
- The Hallet
- Crowe Avenue Dock
- Point Park and Seven Oakes (closed to both pedestrian and vehicular traffic)
Sandbagging operations continue at the Public Works yard and volunteers are welcome to assist.
Operations have been extended Monday-Sunday, 8:00AM – 8:00PM. Volunteers are required to register with Town Staff at the Animal Shelter building.
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Please be assured that we will continue to monitor the situation and work to keep the public informed through 93.1 The Border and our Town of Fort Frances social media.