Riverside’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre’s (assessment centre) are dedicated for individuals experiencing possible symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
These assessment centre’s are by appointment only. For safety reasons, “walk in” appointments are strictly prohibited. Not everyone who attends the centre will be swabbed.
What are symptoms of COVID-19:
·fever greater than or equal to 38 degrees.
·new or worsening cough, sore throat, headache, muscle/joint aches and fatigue.
·shortness of breath.
How to access the centre:
1. It is recommended you complete the ministry online assessment tool at Ontario.ca.
2. Please contact Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) or the Northwestern Health Unit (1-807-468-7109) so they may determine if you require an appointment at the assessment centre.
3. If you require an appointment, Telehealth Ontario or the Northwestern Health Unit will contact the COVID-19 Assessment Center to identify your need for an appointment.
4. Our assessment centres will then contact you to schedule the appointment.
5. Once you arrive, please read the instructions posted, and ensure you follow them.
What will happen at the assessment centre:
· You will be required to wear a disposable mask provided by the nurse and use hand sanitizer when entering the facility.
· You are to attend your scheduled appointment alone; except an adult may accompany a child, frail elderly, person with disability, or an individual acting as an interpreter.
· You will be asked for your OHIP card.
· You will be screened for symptoms, travel and contact history.
· Nurses will assess vital signs, such as temperature and blood pressure.
· Screening will determine if you require a nose swab.
· The Northwestern Health Unit will follow up with you after your results are received and ensure that any further direction/instruction is provided to you.
COVID-19 Assessment Centres
Ø Community: Fort Frances
Ø Location: Community Counselling Building (206 Victoria Avenue)
Ø Entrance: Victoria Street entrance. On-site directions will be given.
Ø Hours: Open (7 days a week 8:00am till 4:00pm)
Ø Community: Rainy River
Ø Location: Rainy River Health Centre (115 Fourth Street)
Ø Entrance: Entrance off Mill Avenue near back of health centre.
On-site directions will be given.
Ø Hours: Open (7 days a week 1:00pm till 3:00pm)
* Hours of assessment operation may change, as required.
The health and safety of all staff, physicians, residents, clients, patients, families and visitors remains a top priority at Riverside, not just in response to COVID-19, but at all times for our organization.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.