Riverside’s Emergency Planning Team activated its pandemic plan last week in response to COVID-19 and is taking increased precautions to ensure the safety of our patients, residents, clients, staff, professional staff and volunteers.
While the risk of contracting COVID-19 remains low, we are taking increased precautions as a preventative measure.
All Riverside locations have implemented mandatory screening procedures.
Anyone entering a Riverside location will be asked a series of screening questions.
Please be aware this may cause some time delays.
As of Monday, March 16 Riverside Health Care is taking the following temporary measures:
Hospital & LTC Services
Long Term Care – Fort Frances, Emo and Rainy River
- Visitor Restrictions – Only essential visitors (exception – dying or critically ill resident).
Hospital Acute (inpatients) – Fort Frances, Emo and Rainy River
- Visitor Restrictions – Only essential visitors (exception – dying or critically ill patient or 1 pediatric/obstetrical support).
Emo Health Centre
- Urgent Care Clinic closed.
Emergency Departments – Fort Frances and Rainy River
- Visitor Restrictions – Only essential visitors (exceptions – dying or critically ill patient, 1 pediatric support).
Entrance – La Verendrye General Hospital
- Front street doors open 6am to 4pm daily. After 4pm essential visitors and patients must enter the building via the emergency entrance.
Entrance – Rainy River Health Centre
- Main entrance to be used for long term care only.
- Rear entrance to be used for emergency and acute services.
Cancelled or Postponed Elective & Non-Emergent Services
- Elective procedures (Pre booked cancer related excisions are not cancelled)
- Outpatient Physiotherapy (La Verendrye General Hospital only)
- Outpatient Occupational Therapy
- Outpatient Speech-Language Pathology
- Breast Health Program & Education
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Cardiac Stress Testing
- Visiting Specialist Clinic
- Stroke Prevention Clinic & Programming
- Clinical Nutrition/Dietitian
- Club Day Away (Rainycrest)
- Pastoral Care
Supportive Housing – Front Street Location
- Visitor Restrictions – Only essential visitors (dying or critically ill clients).
- Front Street Manor – Nelson House – Church Street Complex – 8th Street Complex
Community Counselling (Mental Health & Addictions)
- When possible telephone appointments will be held with clients.
- Clients attending session in person at Community Counselling must use the garage entrance off of Sinclair Street.
Diabetes Education and Management Centre
- All appointments will be performed over the phone or rescheduled unless deemed critical.
- All users will be pre-screened via telephone by driver.
- Service continues across the district with additional screening processes in place.
Patients will be contacted by Riverside staff to cancel appointments and/or procedures. If you are not contacted, please present as scheduled.
However, if you wish to electively cancel an appointment and/or procedure feel free to contact the department.
“At Riverside, our team is remaining vigilant, recognizing that a highly proactive approach is central to mitigating the risk of COVID-19. We appreciate the support of patients, residents, clients, families and the public as we implement these increased measures.” said President and CEO, Henry Gauthier.
If you are concerned you have COVID-19, Riverside recommends you contact the Northwestern Public Health Unit at 1-807-468-7109 or call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
For information regarding COVID-19, visit the Canada.ca