Riverside Health Care in conjunction with the Northwestern Public Health Unit has declared a Respiratory Outbreak at Rainy River Health Centre.
This is in addition to a Respiratory Outbreak declared in Rainycrest on December 28.
As a precautionary measure all symptomatic individuals have been tested for COVID-19, currently all tests are negative. We remind the public that this is not a COVID-19 outbreak at this time.
All admissions, transfers, discharges and group social activities are cancelled until further notice. Visitor restrictions have been added to permit ONLY 1 Visitor/caregiver per Resident at a time. Visitation must take place in the Resident’s room and not in common space areas during the Outbreak. Palliative visitors are still permitted. Any Resident absences for social purposes are not permitted at this time.
The public is reminded to prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Maintaining good cough and sneeze etiquette, including sneezing/couching into a tissue, your sleeve or elbow;
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth; and
- Staying at home if sick, to avoid spreading infections to others
To further enhance our team’s ongoing efforts additional precautions are being taken including, but not limited to, isolation of symptomatic individuals, additional high touch cleaning practices, and cohorting residents and staff where possible. We believe these added measures will enhance the facility’s ability to reduce the risk of transmission.
The Outbreak Management Team will continue to monitor the situation. The care and safety of our residents, team members and families are a top priority.
We thank everyone for their understanding and continued support at this time.