Riverside Health Care, in conjunction with the Northwestern Public Health Unit, has confirmed an end to the Respiratory Outbreak initially declared at Rainycrest Long Term Care Home on January 20, 2024.
Visitor restrictions and masking protocols are no longer required; however, Riverside urges all visitors to conduct a self-screening before entering any of our facilities. Individuals experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, or other flu-like symptoms are kindly asked not to visit.
Admissions, transfers, discharges, and large group social activities will resume as normal.
We continue to emphasize the importance of good hand hygiene and encourage everyone to be mindful of potential exposure risks. You can prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water or by using an alcohol- based hand sanitizer;
- Maintaining good cough and sneeze etiquette, (into a tissue, your sleeve or elbow);
- Immediately putting all used tissues in the garbage;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth; and
- Staying at home if sick, to avoid spreading infections to others.
The care and safety of our residents, team members and families remain a top priority and we thank everyone for their patience, understanding and continued support.