Riverside Health Care in conjunction with the Northwestern Public Health Unit has declared COVID-19 Outbreaks at La Verendrye General Hospital and Rainycrest Long Term Care Home affecting patients and residents.
To further enhance our team’s ongoing efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, additional precautions are being taken including, but not limited to:
- General visitors will be restricted for Second Floor inpatients with the exceptions of:
- Palliative patients can have up to four (4) visitors, two (2) at a time, and
- One (1) essential caregiver.
- Cohorting of staff,
- N95 masks will be required by both staff and visitors in designated areas.
Rainycrest Special Care Unit
- Isolation of COVID-19 positive and symptomatic individuals,
- Additional high touch cleaning practices,
- Cohorting residents and staff where possible,
- All admissions, transfers, discharges and group social activities are cancelled in the SCU only until further notice,
- N95 masks will be required by both staff and visitors in designated areas,
- Staff need to wear goggles or face shields,
- Visitors require eye protection in designated areas.
We believe these added measures will enhance the Home’s ability to reduce the risk of
transmission. The Home is already testing staff twice a week.
The Outbreak Management Team will continue to monitor the situation. The care and safety of our patients, Residents, team members and families are a top priority.
We recognize the immense responsibility our hospital, long term care and community service team’s carry each day in their efforts to provide both quality and safe care. We thank everyone for their understanding and continued support at this time.