I am Greg Rickford, the PC Ontario candidate for Kenora-Rainy River. My wife Janet and two young girls and I live in Keewatin Ontario. I am the former Member of Parliament for the riding of Kenora and have worked as a nurse in many northern Indigenous communities. Before entering politics, I owned my own business. I hold degrees in common and civil law from McGill University and an MBA from Université Laval. I have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a College Diploma in Nursing. I am bilingual – English and French.
It has been a privilege and an honour to serve the constituents of Kenora-Rainy River these past four years, bringing a strong voice and experience on behalf of my constituents, to ensure that we deliver results for the Rainy River District, northwestern Ontario and beyond. There is much more to be done by renewing our mandate on June 2.
Our plan to build Ontario is rooted in five key commitments to the people of this province:
- We will rebuild Ontario’s economy and bring good manufacturing jobs back to the province. We will unlock the economic potential of the Ring of Fire and northern minerals by connecting them to the future of electric vehicles and the batteries that power them.
- We will build highways and key infrastructure including the twinning of Highway 17 from the Manitoba border to Kenora. We will also work to continue our commitment to improving critical infrastructure in municipalities across the region.
- We are working for workers by getting more people into the skilled trades. We will invest in training and expand three-year college degrees and increase the minimum wage.
- We will keep costs down by cutting the gas tax and scrapping licence plate sticker fees and build 1.5 million new homes across the province to improve affordability.
- We have a plan to stay open and will hire more doctors, nurses and personal support workers. We will help seniors stay in their own homes longer and produce PPE and vaccines right here in Ontario.
A vote for Greg Rickford is a vote for maintaining a strong presence at Queen’s Park for northwestern Ontario with a focus on building Ontario and moving our northern economy forward. I have proven to be a strong voice, with experience and drive for results. On June 2, let’s get it done.