The Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the Ontario Tourism Recovery Program (OTRP). This $100-million program supports Ontario-based tourism businesses in the for-profit attractions, accommodations, and transportation sectors that have been hardest hit by COVID-19.
The OTRP is a competitive, application-based grant program for historically successful, private sector incorporated tourism businesses that are significant drivers to their regional tourism economies.
Program funding will help successful applicants:
- prepare to re-open safely
- develop adaptive and innovative tourism products
- retain and create tourism jobs
- support tourism recovery in their region and throughout Ontario.
Successful applicants can use funding for expenditures, such as:
- reopening and operating expenses, including staff salaries and maintenance
- health and safety measures to support the safety of visitors and workers
- attracting visitors through tourism product and experience improvements and marketing.
We encourage interested applicants to carefully review all eligibility criteria and application requirements. Full program guidelines and information about how to apply to the program are now available on the Ontario Tourism Recovery Program application page: https://www.app.grants.gov.on.ca/otrp
The deadline to apply to the Ontario Tourism Recovery Program is November 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
If you have any questions or feedback regarding this program email OTRP@ontario.ca