Riverside Health Care in conjunction with the Northwestern Public Health Unit has declared a COVID-19 Outbreak for the entire facility of Rainycrest Long Term Care Home. Previously, this outbreak had only affected the West Wing and Special Care Unit (SCU).
Enhanced visitor restrictions are in place that permit two (2) visitors or caregivers at a time. In addition, visitations with residents must take place in the residents’ rooms, not in common areas. The exception of palliative care visitation will remain in effect.
There are restrictions on admissions, transfers, discharges, and large group social activities for residents until further notice.
The public is reminded to prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer,
- Maintaining good cough and sneeze etiquette (into a tissue, your sleeve or elbow),
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away,
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, and
- Staying at home if sick, to avoid spreading infections to others.
- Visitors should only visit one Resident per visit in outbreak areas,
- N95 masks will be required by both staff and visitors in designated outbreak areas,
- Additional PPE to be worn as instructed when visiting anyone in isolation.
The Outbreak Management Team will continue to monitor the situation. The care and safety of our residents, team members and families are a top priority.
We thank everyone for their understanding and continued support at this time.