(RAINY RIVER, ON) Charges have been laid in a firearm incident at Rainy River Hospital.
On the morning of May 7, 2020 members of the Ontario Provincial Police responded to an incident outside the Rainy River Hospital located at 115 Fourth Street Rainy River. No one was hurt or injured in this incident.
As a result, a 45 year-old Kenora man has been charged with the following offences contrary to the Criminal Code:
- three counts of mischief contrary to section 430(4) of the Criminal Code.
- Discharge a firearm at a place in a reckless manner contrary to section 244.2(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code.
- Use firearm while committing an offence contrary to section 85(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
- Careless use of a firearm contrary to section 86(1) of the Criminal Code.
The offender appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice on the morning of May 8, 2020 to speak to those charges and was remanded into custody.
Due to a publication ban under section 517 of the Criminal Code there will be no further information or updates made available to the public.
Any person with information regarding this investigation should immediately contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or access their website at: http://www.p3tips.com/273 where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.