St. Patrick’s CWL marks 50th anniversary

The St. Patrick’s Catholic Women’s League celebrated its 50 anniversary on Saturday, having been formed Feb. 14, 1954 with 12 members.
Five charter members—Mary Cain, Loraine Bullied, Veronica Viehbeck, Joyce Wilson, and Rita Desgroseilliers—were honoured at a Mass and each presented with a C.W.L. mug.
The other members of that first council were represented by relatives and friends.
50th-anniversary pins also were presented to Cain, Bullied, Viehbeck, and Wilson.
After Mass, supper was served, followed by a presentation by Josie Schill of a plaque from the Catholic Women’s League of Canada, whose motto is “For God and Canada.”
There also was a skit of the Talking Plates as well as a rap performed by the St. Pat’s Rapper. A Soul Mate Duo then gave a tribute to the ladies from the men of the parish.
St. Patrick’s C.W.L. presently has a membership of 41. Ladies wishing to join should call Joyous Bragg.
The blessing of the C.W.L.’s stained glass window at St. Patrick’s was held Saturday, Jan. 3 at 7:30 p.m. The inscription reads, “Dedicated to St. Patrick’s Catholic Women’s League on its 50th anniversary 1954-2004. Our Lady of Good Counsel, Pray for Us.”
The artwork was done by Brigitte Schulzki and the stained glass by Emily Hyatt. The window is located in the southwest corner of the sanctuary.

foto