Riverside Health Care in conjunction with the Northwestern Public Health Unit has declared a COVID-19 Outbreak at Rainy River Long Term Care Home affecting both residents and staff.
To further enhance our team’s ongoing efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, additional precautions are being taken including, but not limited to:
- Isolation of COVID-19 positive and symptomatic individuals,
- Additional high touch cleaning practices,
- Cohorting residents and staff where possible,
- All admissions, transfers, discharges and group social activities are cancelled until further notice
- N95 masks will be required by both staff and visitors in designated areas
We believe these added measures will enhance the Home’s ability to reduce the risk of transmission. While the Home is already testing staff twice a week, we are testing all Residents.
Visitors will be limited to one essential/designated caregiver per resident and visits must take place in the Resident’s room. The exception of palliative care visitation will remain in effect.
The Outbreak Management Team will continue to monitor the situation. The care and safety of our residents, team members and families are a top priority.
We thank everyone for their understanding and continued support at this time.