The Rainy River District Agriculture Fall Fair will take place August 18-20 this fall. The Fair Board, volunteers, and all participants are working diligently to make sure it’s up and running with a full roster of events. There is something for everyone.

The 2022 Fair Queen committee is looking for Fair Queen contestants. If you are between 14 and 17, please contact Mary Crosswell at 271-1586. You can also contact Sis McCormick at 276-2483.

The Emo Walleye Classic takes place May 26-28. The registration fee is $500.

There is a need for new committee members and volunteers. If students would like to volunteer, this is a way to earn volunteer hours required to graduate.

Congratulations to Dr. Cody Caul and Dr. Krisanne Mascarenhas on their recent marriage. The couple wed April 21 in Thunder Bay. The couple are both making their careers at Fort Frances Chiropractic Centre. Lorne and Bonnie Caul are proud parents.

Happy 50th. birthday to Tammy Shine-pettis. May you enjoy your upcoming year and many more to follow. Your community sends you all the best for health and happiness.

A happy retirement going out to Cheryl Bragg. Cheryl retired April 30 after almost 40 years as a RPN/RN. She leaves Riverside Health Care with memories of hard times and many rewarding times. The District sends you all the best, as you enter a new chapter in your life.

The Emo Legion will host its Beer and Burger this Friday, May 6 at the Emo Legion.

Greg Rickford was in the District recently — both the Devlin Ball Park and Dance Hall will receive money from Northern Ontario Heritage Grants.

The Dance Hall Township Community Association will receive $180,000 for the Dance Hall. The renovations include updating the electrical and HVAC systems, replacing the roof, enlarging the parking lot, and modernizing the kitchen, bathrooms, and plumbing.

The Committee raised a large sum of money when they held a successful 50/50 draw. There is also a garage sale planned in June to help with the endeavour’s cost. The committee had seen a shortfall due to the prices of building materials. Monetary donations are also welcome.

More information on the June garage sale to follow.

The Devlin Ball Park also received $41,903 in funding.

Renovations include upgrading washrooms, adding cement walkways, playground sod, new bleachers, and a handicap ramp to the pavilion. The funding is to cover 90 per cent of the renovations, while the Township of LaVallee is responsible for the other 10 per cent, and will pay for anything over these costs.

Robin’s 2 cents

Three brothers age 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together.

One night, the 96 year old draws a bath, puts his foot in and pauses. He yells down the stairs, “was I getting in or out of the bath?”

The 94 yells back, “I don’t know, I’ll come up and see.” He starts up the stairs and pauses, then he yells, “Was I going up the stairs or coming down?”

The 92 year old was sitting at the kitchen table having coffee listening to his brothers. He shakes his head and says, “I sure hope I never get that forgetful.” He knocks on wood for good luck. He then yells, “I’ll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who’s at the door!”