Autumn is a perfect time to use the ski trails, so to encourage people to get out in the fresh air and stay active, the Rainy Lake Nordic Ski Club has waived trail fees for hiking, until ski and snowshoe season begins.
The chalet will remain closed, but seating and a fire pit are available for responsible use, and an outhouse is available near the chalet.
Once skiing and snowshoeing get underway, trail use is $5 for equipment and $10 for trail access, per person.
There are a few guidelines for facility use:
– Group events need to be booked in advance
– Do not walk on the ski trails once they are groomed.
– Use caution around the fire pit. Groups are responsible to start and supervise use of
fires for their event.
– Please remove all of your garbage and recycling.
– The Rainy Lake Nordic Ski Club is maintained entirely by volunteers, if you would like
to be added to our mailing list or become a member please email us.
– If you take a photo on the trails that you would like to share on the club’s Facebook
page, please send it to us.
The club is located on Rocky Inlet Road, 10 km east of Fort Frances, Turn right
off Hwy 11 onto George Armstrong Drive, keep left on Rocky Inlet Road and travel 1.5 km to
reach the parking lot.
To schedule an outing, or for any questions, contact email@example.com.