It may have been a cold and blustery day, but that didn't stop dignitaries and uniformed officers alike from celebrating the official opening of Ontario's newest OPP detachment.
You are here
An article alleging that Sen Lynn Beyak broke U.S. election law is false, according to Beyak's lawyer, Don Bayne.
A Vice article published last week alleged that Senator Beyak, a resident of Dryden, Ont, made a $300 campaign donation to U.S. President Donald Trump's campaign, using an erroneous address, of Dryden, New York.
A $50,000 reward is being offered by the provincial government for information on a missing woman from Nipigon.
On October 27, 2020, at approximately 4:29 AM the Fort Frances Fire Rescue Service responded to a residential fire in the 500 Block of Front Street.
Five full-time Firefighters, eight part-time Firefighters, the Fire Chief and two pumper trucks responded to the scene.
The Ontario government is opening a new Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) detachment in Fort Frances. The $20 million facility will ensure the local OPP have access to the space, equipment and technology they need to continue to provide Rainy River District residents with high-quality police services.
On Friday, October 23, the Northwestern Health Unit has received a report of one new positive COVID-19 test result in the Kenora area. Follow up with the person involved and their contacts has started according to protocol. Anyone who is identified as a contact for this case will be contacted directly.
A recent report from CBC has placed Rainycrest Long-Term Care home among the 30 homes in the province with the highest number of written notices.
Northwestern Health Unit has received a report of one new positive COVID-19 test result in the Kenora area, Wednesday, October 21.
Follow up with the person involved and their contacts has started according to protocol. Anyone who is identified as a contact for this case will be contacted directly.
Fort Frances Mayor June Caul says the town is taking steps to help people experiencing homelessness in Fort Frances.
Sixties Scoop survivor Colleen Hele-Cardinal says she wants the federal government to ask survivors for forgiveness.
Hele-Cardinal has created an online petition, addressed to the Prime Minister, asking the government to issue a national apology in the House of Commons.