Riverside Health Care in conjunction with the Northwestern Public Health Unit has declared a Gastrointestinal Outbreak at on the First Floor Inpatient Unit at La Verendrye General Hospital.
We remind the public that this is not a COVID-19 outbreak at this time.
Visitor restrictions have been added to permit ONLY 1 Visitor/caregiver per patient at a time.
To further enhance our team’s ongoing efforts additional precautions are being taken including, but not limited to, isolation of symptomatic individuals, additional high touch cleaning practices. We believe these added measures will enhance LVGH’s ability to reduce the risk of transmission. We thank everyone for their understanding and cooperation.
The public is reminded to prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer,
- Maintaining good cough and sneeze etiquette, including sneezing/couching into a tissue, your sleeve or elbow,
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away,
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, and
- Staying at home if sick, to avoid spreading infections to others.
The Outbreak Management Team will continue to monitor the situation. The care and safety of our patients, team members and families are a top priority.
Riverside Heath Care would like to thank every- one for their understand- ing and continued support at this time.