New groups are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine in the Northwestern Health Unit region! People in the HIGHEST RISK and HIGH RISK health condition categories, including pregnant women, can now book their COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
Anyone in the HIGHEST RISK group can book by calling the Provincial Vaccine Booking System at 1-833-943-3900, or through ontario.ca/bookvaccine.
Included in this category are:
- Organ transplant recipients
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients
- People with neurological disease
- Haematological malignancy diagnosis less than one year ago
- Kidney disease eGFR<30
- Pregnant people
- One essential caregiver for the above individuals
Anyone in the HIGH RISK group can book by completing our registration survey, found at www.nwhu.on.ca, under the “eligible populations” Hot Topic.
- Obesity (BMI over 40)
- Intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Other treatments causing immunosuppression (ex. Chemotherapy, immunity-weakening meds)
- One essential caregiver for above individuals