Due to surging numbers, Manitoba has entered the Critical Red level of pandemic restrictions, province-wide. The NWHU is advising local residents to not travel to Manitoba unless necessary, and to restrict interactions for two weeks after their return.
The new provisions include:
• Social contacts reduced to your household only. Social gatherings are not permitted.
• Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted and non-essential travel is discouraged.
• Retail businesses listed as critical services, such as grocery stores and pharmacies, can remain open at 25 per cent capacity.
• Retail businesses not on the list are able to provide e-service, curbside pickup or delivery services.
• All personal service businesses, including hair salons, barbers and sites offering manicures, pedicures and other esthetic services, must close.
• Gyms and fitness centres must close.
• Religious and cultural gatherings must close or be provided virtually only.
• Restaurants must close to the public and may be open for delivery, drive-thru or takeout only.
• All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.